Kathryn Stocks practices debtor-creditor law, including loan documentation, workouts, foreclosures, negotiations, creditor relief, and defense of preference actions in bankruptcy proceedings. On the corporate side, she handles real estate deals, drafting contracts of sale, purchase agreements, and forming corporations and limited liability companies.
Other areas of Ms. Stocks’s practice are employment discrimination defense, commercial litigation, landlord/tenant law and estate planning. She represents many area businesses in her practice, including construction companies, automobile and motorcycle dealerships, banks for lending transactions, workouts, foreclosures and bankruptcy issues in both Arkansas and Oklahoma.
Ms. Stocks also represents real estate developers and apartment complex landlords, among other businesses.
- Arkansas Tech University (B.S. 1984)
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock (J.D. 1991)
- Arkansas, 1991
- Oklahoma, 2006
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
Professional Activities and Recognitions
- Sebastian County Bar Association (President- 2011 – 2012)
- Arkansas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Chairman, Arkansas Volunteer Lawyers for the Elderly (2008-2010)
- Research Editor, U.A.L.R. Law Journal
- Martindale-Hubbell® Distinguished™ 4.5 out of 5
Labor and Employment Law